Thursday, July 14, 2016

What am I up to these days | More goth room decor

I've planned for this curtain makeover like months ago so I'm literally 50% done with 2 rods and a piece of curtain.  Yep you haven't read it wrong, they sell it like 1 piece per pack so you gotta buy 2 packs to make your dreams came through and you money flies through your bank account.  

Basically, I have 2 unhooked rods laying over at the back of my study desk and a single curtain that I used as the door coverings.

So, I managed to drag my boyfriend to come together for curtain hunting, well not really a hunt as I've already got an eye for a few curtain designs that I liked, so we were having just a curtain-buying trip.  Also considered as a training for his legs before Ikea.

My room currently have this washed out yellow old granny kind of curtain and it really bores me.

We went out for some breakfast at the mamak first, had some roti canai and iced tea while I tried to be a lovable cat person but this cat despised me.

"Look me in the eyes you goddamn piece of cute shit!"

Turns out my boyfriend is her favourite hooman -.-''


After that we continue our hunting journey to Kaison

Look what I got!!!! 

I bought 2 for the triangles and add another 1 piece for the red.  

The concept that came out of my mind was;

1) Using the black-white triangles as my day curtain because my room received a direct sunlight and heats up really fast.  So this curtain can cover my window and not altering the color ambience of my room, only making it dim and the material helps in less heat penetration.

2) While the black-red lace are used as my night curtain and darkeness-reflector when I turn off my light source at night, the room will be 20% darker as compared to when I'm using the washed out old yellow curtain. 


As I reached home, I jumped on my bed, remove the old curtain and started slipping through the hooks.

"classic french pleat"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The Goth-y Reveal:

Night

Day

I made a mistake for only hot glueing some loops to the back of the black-white curtains to loop through the bottom rod, so I fell right off the next morning.

"Sunbeam headshot"

So I bought 2 packs these hook clips from Daiso, which I felt like this was the most worthy purchase I've ever made in my whole entire life (lol), and I changed the whole looping system.


They are back up and be fabulous again.

*Proud*

"The look of this is wonderfully satisfying.  I just can't!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vanity update!

I've changed my makeup drawer into this acrylic one and it looks so much better and neat (well, after a makeup junk cleaning) compared to this.

SATISFACTION OF A MAKEUP HOARDER!!!


Thanks for reading!


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

This blog belongs to Amirah Y a.k.a Kak Long Wayer